Most coffees that you are served in a coffee shop are likely to be espresso based drinks.
If you're wanting to make lates, cappuccinos, americanos, espressos, and so on you will need to be able to make espresso as the starting point.
The AeroPress device above will be a great device to have to recreate your coffee shop experience at home.
If you are interested in exploring more subtle flavours then the pour-over filter method may be what's best for you.
The coffee is not created through such an intense process or fine grind, which affects the taste. This type of process is more gradual in transferring flavour.
If you are not such a fan of stronger coffee, then the pour-over filter method may be for you!
Products & Packs
Great tasting coffee hand-crafted with the AeroPress
The AeroPress is a straightforward device and so effective it makes you wonder why it's taken so long to find such a great way to make coffee.
- Simply place a disc shaped filter into the plastic mesh cap and fix the cap in place on the hexagonal end of the AeroPress.
- Place it above a coffee mug - using the funnel supplied if the mug has a narrow diameter (always use a mug strong enough to withstand the pressure of a downward push in stage 6)
- Add the coffee - ground to a fine espresso grind. Each shot of espresso requires 7-8 grams of ground coffee (this usually equates to one small scoop - the large scoop provided with the device is good for 2 shots)
- Fill this tube with hot water upto the level of the number of shots you are making (sub 90 degrees seems to be the advised temperature, call it 30 seconds or do after after the water boiled).
- Take around 10seconds to mix the coffee and water with the AeroPress paddle.
- Insert the plastic tube with the rubber seal and gradually press down on the AeroPress and mug, ensuring everything is stable. This should take around 20 seconds until all the water and air is pressed through the device.
- There you have a great tasting espresso. Combine with water to make an Americano, or your choice of milk to make Cappuccino, Latte or your particular favourite for coffee.
- The tube has essentially cleaned itself with the rubber seal pushing through - all you need to do now is remove the cap, pop out the coffee puck, and rinse the seal.
- Now you're ready to go again.
Buy an AeroPress here.
The amazing AeroPress for espresso based drinks.
This guide does not replace manufacturers instructions - please make sure you familiarise yourself with the manufacturers instructions before using.
Craft Delicious Coffee at Home !